Subject: Re: View Tracking?
From: John Gross <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 12:51:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 7 Aug 1994, David Gilinsky wrote:

> 	I'm in the middle of a lengthy character animation sequence, here,
> and I find myself wishing I could lock the non-camera views on an object,
> so that the object of choice would always be in the center of the view.  
> I realize that I can keep pressing the center button, but how do I keep 
> an object centered in the view during a preview?  I also realize that I 
> could create a camera motion that would give me view I want during the 
> preview, but that would be very inconvenient on this project because object 
> placement from camera POV is critical and the camera motion is complex.
> 
> If I've missed something obvious, please release me from the shackles of 
> ignorance.;)

Nope, not much you can do here. That would be a handy feature. Perhaps 
Allen can add a way to track in the flat views or he could add the 
ability to have more than one camera and you could just have another 
camera following it on the side.

JG